Easy Summer Smoothie
Summer months mean pool parties, BBQ nights and cool drinks. I would like you to try this healthy, easy to make smoothie with lots of antioxidants, vitamin C, and plant-based protein powder. It can be enjoyed any time of the day. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup of organic frozen mixed berries: blueberries, raspberries and blackberries (contains antioxidants and vitamin C)
- 1 organic gala apple or any apple of your choice. Remove the core and cut into 4 pieces (contains vitamin C and fiber)
- ½ organic banana (contains potassium and magnesium)
- 1 scoop (24 grams) of IronVegan Protein Powder (choose either vanilla, chocolate, or unflavored)
- 1 cup (250 ml) organic coconut water or unsweetened organic coconut milk (can choose dairy milk if desired, but I prefer dairy-free milk)
- Ice (optional)
Using Nutri-bullet or Vitamix to blend all ingredients together. Pour into a glass or serve in the to-go cup.
Note: You can purchase IronVegan Sprouted Protein at Living Science Wellness Centre. Come in today to visit our knowledgeable team of, Naturopathic Doctors, Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist and Nutritionists, we carry a variety of professional quality products.
Recipe Credit: created by Emily Doan